It’s fashion week in Stockholm! Today is the second day of Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week in Stockholm and so far the shows have been amazing. Just went to see The Local Firm at Berns.
The Berns Hotel is by the way a partner of the Stockholm Gay & Lesbian Network. A gay and lesbian friendly choice if your looking for a hotel in Stockholm! This chic art deco hotel has a lot to offer. Previous guests have included Marlene Dietrich and Diana Ross. One unnamed hip hop artist thought that the biggest suite was too small and therefore rented the hotels night club just to have it as a video game room…
At Berns you also find the straight friendly gay club “Kling & Paymans Glory Hole”.
The gay friendly Berns Hotel has been awarded with ”Sweden’s leading boutique hotel 2011” by the prestigious World Travel Awards. Since its start nearly two decades ago World Travel Awards is considered one of the most prestigious awards within the travel industry. Wall Street Journal describes the award as the Oscars of the travel industry.
“This award shows that the experience Berns offers it´s guests is both unique and appreciated; exquisite cuisine, world renowned artists, art and nightlife in historical venues and rooms. What truly makes Berns stand out and a worthy recipient of this year’s award is our personal service which we would like to thank our dedicated staff for. We consider this award as an inspiration to continue developing Sweden’s leading boutique hotel Berns!” says Anna Bengtssson, Manager Berns Hotel.
World Travel Awards intention is to honor premier companies in the travel and tourist industry. The members of the jury consist of agents from more than 200 000 travel agencies, representing more than 160 countries. The nominees are judged on creativity, service level, guest experience, and product development. A boutique hotel is defined as a hotel that is privately owned, personal, has less than 100 designed rooms and where great effort is put on caring for it’s guests as individuals.
Berns opened it’s doors for the first time in 1863, and since then been a center for cuisine, entertainment and music. A long list of renowned artists and movie stars have performed at Berns, Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Robyn and MGMT just to name a few. Berns hotel was inaugurated in 1989 and is a luxurious boutique hotel located at Berzelii Park in the heart of Stockholm.
We are so proud to have Berns Hotel as a partner in the Stockholm Gay & Lesbian Network!
Berns is getting ready for Stockholm Pride!
We are proud to have the gay friendly Berns Hotel as one of our partners in the Stockholm Gay & Lesbian Network.
Berns celebrates Pride with special guests and events hosted by the nightclub, 2.35:1 and Bistro Berns.
For daily updates about what is going on at Berns check out their page on Facebook
Bistro Berns proudly presents Familjen Andersson
The bartender collective ”Familjen Andersson” (the Andersson Family) is throwing an house party at Bistro Berns, every day from 14.00-24.00.
Familjen Andersson c/o Bistro Berns presents a jam-packed Pride week;
Tuesday = Pop Quiz Bonanza, starting at 20.00.
Wednesday = ACT UP Charity Kissing Auction – buy a kiss and make a difference for people living with AIDS. ACT UP New York (AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power ) is an organization that works to impact the lives of people with AIDS.
Thursday= Girlsʼ Night. Psycho Vixens A Go-Go djset at 19.00. Jana Boujon at 21.00.
Friday= Boysʼ Night. Gustav Bendt & Payman dj-set. Kristian Anttila concert at 21.00.
Saturday= Stockholm Gay Life c/o Familjen Andersson c/o Bistro Berns party!
Sunday= Lazy Sunday. Familjen Andersson cures your hangover.
Familjen Andersson c/o Bistro Berns is located in Berzelii Park outside Berns, a 3 minute walk from Kungsträdgården. Follow their blog here
“As well as the big city bustle of cool bars and restaurants, Sweden’s capital embraces nature during the long sunny summer days.” – Stephen Whitlock, Condé Nast Traveller July/2011.
There’s a great article about Stockholm in the July issue of Conde Nast Traveller UK. We are very proud that many of our partners in the Stockholm Gay & Lesbian Network are featured in the article - Berns Hotel, Hotel Skeppsholmen, The Woodland Cemetery, Millesgården, The Hallwyl Museum and a boat tour to Drottningholm by Strömma.
Celebrate Easter in Stockholm!
The weather is supposed to be wonderful and lots of stores and museums stay open while other European cities are closed.
Rainbow Offer. Enjoy Easter together with gay friendly Berns Hotel. Book your stay now. Free entrance to the photo museum Fotografiska and the spa Sturebadet as well as a three course dinner and breakfast. Book the offer>>
Check out our other Rainbow Offers>>
Join Tom and Josh from Passport Magazine
as they explore Stockholm and discover some of the popular gay restaurants, cafes, shops, bars and more in the gay friendly capital of Sweden.
Places mentioned in the film:
– Cozy little café at idyllic Stortorget Square, not far from the Royal Palace in the medieval Old Town.
– These blocks are packed with interesting, cool and creative shops specializing in clothing, design, jewelry, knickknacks, vintage and second-hand, houseware, books and magazines, music and also scores of restaurants, bars, cafés and galleries.The atmosphere is laid-back, yet highly aware.
– Charming, personal mix of clothes, shoes, accessories, jewelry, vintage items, design, and knickknacks. Lots of Swedish brands. Frequent DJs and live music.
– Colorful, festive vintage clothes in a delightful mix of inexpensive and not so inexpensive.
– A popular new restaurant, bar, deli and store in the heart of style-conscious SoFo. They serve most of the day’s meals here. The menu is varied and the dishes are well prepared.
- At this boutique hotel you can enjoy the best of two worlds: lavish interiors and the cordial, dedicated service. Berns is also a gorgeous entertainment mecca in well-preserved art nouveau style from the 1860s, boasting a vast dining room and numerous bars, cafés and alfresco areas in summer.
– One of Stockholm’s most popular gay restaurants. Queen of the Old Town scene.
– Stockholm’s hot spot for the gay crowd! Nightclub with three dancefloors and four bars, entrance from Lästmakargatan 8.
NEW RAINBOW OFFER!
“Enjoy a free cocktail drink and entrance to the nightclub 2.35:1 when staying at Berns Hotel during Friday and Saturday nights.” Go to offer>>
For more offers go to RAINBOW OFFERS.